Marketing Grant Program
The Virginia Horse Industry Board is excited to announce the opening of Cycle 2 of the 2022 Marketing Grant Program. The Virginia Horse Industry Board (VHIB) will review and support efforts that address the promotion and economic development of the horse industry in Virginia as described in the Virginia Horse Industry Board’s strategic plan.
This grant is being offered to support the Virginia horse industry in promoting and growing equine associations, organizations, events, and venues. To aid in the industry's recovery from COVID, VHIB will be offering 4 cycles over the next fiscal year. There is only one level of funding available and the maximum award for this grant is $5,000. The Board will consider multiple grant projects from a single organization.
Applicants must demonstrate a proven ability and experience to carry out elements of the proposed project. Those applicants proposing to rely on the expertise of another individual or organization to undertake any part of the project must clearly define the responsibilities of the party and provide evidence of that party’s ability to achieve that area of responsibility.
Eligible Items can include:
• Placement of Advertisements to include print ads, digital, radio, etc.
• Printed Materials – including brochures, flyers, posters, and other printed materials used to promote your
organization or event.
• Website Development – Development of an event page, membership campaign page, or expansion of website for marketing purposes are eligible. Maintenance fees for website are NOT eligible.
• Contractual Services (web designer, graphic designer, etc.)
• Professional Speaker Fees (marketing firm, website developer, graphic designer, etc.)
• Digital Marketing – Banner or website advertising and other electronic marketing initiatives
• Social media marketing initiatives
• Event support – Grant funding can be used for awards, incentive funding, etc. Venue rental will be considered but will be reimbursed only after the event has occurred.
Funding awarded for this cycle must be used between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022.
For more details, please refer to the grant application.
To apply, complete the online application:
If you would prefer to complete the application without using the online portal, please contact Heather Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by 5 pm on December 1, 2021. Applications received after that deadline will not be considered.
Questions regarding the grant program should be directed to:
Heather Wheeler, Virginia Horse Industry Board Program Manager
Please allow 1-2 business days for a response.